I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Skin Lesion Removal||0 people have prescribed Skin Lesion Removal|
This is the removal of an abnormal growth on the skin, called a lesion, for medical or cosmetic reasons. Skin lesions can include warts , moles , cancers, and skin tags.
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
- Lesion is precancerous or cancerous
- Lesion has created a chronic skin irritation
- Cosmetic preference
Complications are rare, but no procedure is completely free of risk. If you are planning to have a lesion removed, your doctor will review a list of possible complications, which may include:
- Poor wound healing
- Nerve damage
- Recurrence of the lesion
Some factors that may increase the risk of complications include:
- Bleeding disorders
- Circulatory problems
Call Your Doctor
After arriving home, contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Signs of infection, including fever and chills
- Redness, swelling, increasing pain, excessive bleeding, or discharge from the incision site
- Pain that you cannot control with the medicines you have been given
- Any new...