I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Modafinil||0 people have prescribed Modafinil|
Effect of Modafinil on Sleep Apnea
Modafinil is a stimulant that has been used to reduce sleepiness in people with daytime sleepiness. Modafinil stimulates the brain in adults to increase alertness as well as the rate of breathing.
US Brand Name:
Canadian Brand Names:
Mexican Brand Name:
Read more details about Modafinil.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• This medicine may be habit-forming with long-term use.
• You may have certain heart tests before starting this medicine. Talk with healthcare provider.
• If you abuse drugs, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have heart disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have mental illness, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Limit caffeine (for example, tea, coffee, cola) and chocolate intake. Use with this medicine may cause nervousness, shakiness, and fast heartbeat.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Birth control pills and other hormone-based birth control may not work to prevent pregnancy. Use another form of birth control while taking this medicine and for 1 month after treatment ends.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nervous and excitable.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Inability to sleep.
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Dry mouth. Frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Severe allergic reactions can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Chest pain or pressure or fast heartbeat.
• Signs or symptoms of depression, suicidal thoughts, nervousness, emotional ups and downs, abnormal thinking, anxiety, or lack of interest in life.
• Severe dizziness or passing out.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Very nervous and excitable.
• Severe headache.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.
Modafinil is also used to treat narcolepsy and breathing problems in addition to being for sleeping problems like sleep apnea.
FoundHealth has 15 treatments for Sleep Apnea!
See all Sleep Apnea Treatment options and start building your care plan today.