I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Sodium Iodide I131||0 people have prescribed Sodium Iodide I131|
(SOW dee um EYE oh dide)
• This medicine is used to treat an overactive thyroid gland.
• This medicine is used to treat thyroid cancer.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Follow directions given by healthcare provider after discharge to prevent exposing others to this medicine.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine and for up to 12 months following this medication.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Anemia, low white blood cell count, and low platelet count.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Sore throat.
• Hair loss. Hair usually grows back...