I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Sodium Phenylbutyrate||0 people have prescribed Sodium Phenylbutyrate|
(SOW dee um fen il BYOO ti rate)
• This medicine is used to treat urea cycle disorder.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Wear disease medical alert identification.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you are on a low-salt diet (contains salt), talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have a weakened heart, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Not hungry.
• Abnormal taste. This is usually reversible.
• Change in body odor.
• Menstrual changes. These include lots of bleeding, spotting, or bleeding between cycles.