I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Spironolactone||0 people have prescribed Spironolactone|
(speer on oh LAK tone)
• This medicine is used to get rid of extra fluid.
• This medicine is used to increase potassium stores in the body.
• This medicine is used to improve a weakened heart.
• This medicine is used to treat acne.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you are taking this medicine for acne, you should be at least 15 years of age.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid potassium-containing salt substitutes, potassium-sparing diuretics, and potassium supplements.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• High potassium level. Signs include feeling weak, lightheaded, dizzy, feel like passing out, or have numbness or tingling.
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be...