I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Strontium-89||0 people have prescribed Strontium-89|
(STRON shee um atey nine)
• This medicine is used to treat bone pain caused by cancer.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Follow directions given by healthcare provider after discharge to prevent exposing others to this medicine.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine and for up to 12 months following this medication.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Low white blood cell count or low platelet count.
• Increased bone pain may rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.