I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Sucralfate||0 people have prescribed Sucralfate|
(soo KRAL fate)
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat gastrointestinal ulcers.
• This medicine is used to treat oral and esophageal (swallowing tube) ulcers.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not take antacids 30 minutes before or after taking this medicine.
• Try to separate other medicines from this one by 2 hours. This medicine prevents absorption of many medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Constipation. More liquids, regular exercise, or a fiber-containing diet may help. Talk with healthcare provider about a stool softener or...