I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Sulfadoxine and Pyrimethamine||0 people have prescribed Sulfadoxine and Pyrimethamine|
(sul fa DOKS een & peer i METH a meen)
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat malaria.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have seizures, talk with healthcare provider.
• Other protective measures are needed along with this medicine including using screens, bednetting, insect repellent (10% to 35% DEET), and permethrin spray on clothing and nets. Avoid spraying most insect repellents on children. Decrease evening and night-time outdoor activity.
• Be careful if you have G6PD deficiency. Anemia may occur.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and...