I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Sulfasalazine||0 people have prescribed Sulfasalazine|
(sul fa SAL a zeen)
• This medicine is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
• This medicine is used to treat ulcerative colitis.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• This medicine may change the color of urine, sweat, and tears to yellow or orange color.
• This medicine may stain contact lenses.
• Protect clothing and fabrics from staining.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Be careful if you have G6PD deficiency. Anemia may occur.
• Sperm counts and motility can be decreased. This is reversible within 2 months after the medicine is stopped.
• Tell healthcare provider if you...