I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Tamoxifen||0 people have prescribed Tamoxifen|
(ta MOKS i fen)
• This medicine is used to reduce the risk of breast cancer in females with increased risk. It may reduce the risk of getting cancer in the other breast after one has cancer.
• This medicine is used to treat breast cancer.
• This medicine is used to cause ovulation.
• This medicine may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with healthcare provider.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• There may be a higher risk of endometrial or uterine cancer.
• If you have any circulation problems, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
• Limit alcohol intake (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Flushing. Wearing layers of clothes or summer clothes and cool environment may help.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Change in sexual ability or desire....