I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Tetracycline||0 people have prescribed Tetracycline|
(tet ra SYE kleen)
• This medicine is used to treat acne.
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat a variety of bacterial infections.
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat gastrointestinal ulcers caused by infection.
• This medicine is used to treat periodontitis.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not take dairy products, bismuth (Pepto-Bismol®), calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, multivitamins with minerals, colestipol, cholestyramine, didanosine, or antacids within 2 hours of this medicine.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are...