I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Ticlopidine||0 people have prescribed Ticlopidine|
(tye KLOE pi deen)
• This medicine is used to prevent strokes.
• This medicine is used after heart procedures to protect the arteries.
• This medicine is used to protect bypass grafts and stents in the heart.
• This medicine is used to protect the transplanted kidney.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you are 65 or older, use this medicine with caution. You could have more side effects.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Tell dentists, surgeons, and other healthcare providers that you use this medicine.
• Stent patients: Talk with your heart doctor before stopping this medicine for any reason.
• You may bleed more easily. Be careful. Avoid injury. Use soft toothbrush, electric razor.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Talk with healthcare provider before using aspirin, aspirin-containing products, other pain medicines, blood thinners, garlic, ginseng, ginkgo, or vitamin E.