I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Tretinoin (Topical)||0 people have prescribed Tretinoin (Topical)|
(TRET i noyn, TOP i kal)
• This medicine is used to treat acne.
• This medicine is used to treat sun damaged skin and some skin cancers.
• This medicine is used to decrease wrinkles and liver spots. It may take 6 weeks to see the full effect.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have eczema, talk with healthcare provider.
• Skin may look worse before it looks better.
• Avoid cigarette smoking.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Do not put coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) over the area unless told to do so by healthcare provider.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Short-term discomfort after use.
• Skin irritation.