I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Triamterene||0 people have prescribed Triamterene|
(trye AM ter een)
• This medicine is used to get rid of extra fluid.
• This medicine is used to increase potassium stores in the body.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid potassium-containing salt substitutes, potassium-sparing diuretics, and potassium supplements.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• High potassium level. Signs include feeling weak, lightheaded, dizzy, feel like passing out, or have numbness or tingling.
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly...