I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Venous Duplex Ultrasound||0 people have prescribed Venous Duplex Ultrasound|
An ultrasound uses sound waves to create images of the inside of the body. A venous duplex ultrasound is an ultrasound that looks at the flow of blood through the veins in the arms or legs.
The test may be used for the following reasons:
- To investigate the cause of the following symptoms in an arm or leg:
- Increased warmth
- Bulging veins
- To diagnose the following:
- A blood clot, like deep vein thrombosis
- Poor vein function
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
Call Your Doctor
After the test, call your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Your symptoms continue or worsen
- You develop any new symptoms
In case of emergency, CALL 911.