I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Verteporfin||0 people have prescribed Verteporfin|
(ver te POR fin)
• This medicine is used to treat macular degeneration.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Wear protective clothing and eyewear for 5 days after treatment. Sunscreens will not protect.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Irritation where the shot is given.
• Blurred vision. Use caution when driving or doing other tasks that require you to have clear vision.
• Feeling tired or weak.