Tried or prescribed Vertical Banded Gastroplasty—Laparoscopic Surgery? Share your experience. Have you?
I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Vertical Banded Gastroplasty—Laparoscopic Surgery||0 people have prescribed Vertical Banded Gastroplasty—Laparoscopic Surgery|
Reasons for Procedure
The surgery treats severe obesity. Doctors use a calculation called body mass index ( BMI ) to determine how overweight or obese you are. A normal BMI is 18.5-25.
This surgery is a weight loss option for people with:
- BMI greater than 40
- BMI 35-39.9 and a life-threatening condition, such as heart disease or diabetes
- BMI 35-39.9 and severe physical limitations that affect employment, mobility, and family life
The success of vertical banded gastroplasty depends on your commitment. If lifestyle changes are made and maintained, the benefits of bariatric surgery include:
- Weight reduction
- Improvement in many obesity-related conditions, such as glucose intolerance, diabetes, sleep apnea , high blood pressure , and high cholesterol
- Improved mobility and stamina
- Enhanced mood, self-esteem, and quality of life