Vitamin B Complex Combinations Overview
(VYE ta min bee KOM pleks kom bi NAY shuns)
Created: 2005-04-07 17:28:12.0
Modified: 2010-03-09 08:18:16.0
Lexi-PALS TM © (1977)-(2007) Lexi-Comp, Inc. All rights reserved.
• If you have a life-threatening allergy, wear allergy identification at all times.
• Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's medicine.
• Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
• Most medicines can be thrown away in household trash after mixing with coffee grounds or kitty litter and sealing in a plastic bag.
• Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, natural products, supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, physician assistant).
• Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or in Canada to Health Canada's Canada Vigilance Program at 1-866-234-2345.
• Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins.
How does it work?
• Vitamin B complex is a dietary supplement.
How is it best taken?
• Take this medicine with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
• Long-acting products: Swallow whole. Do not chew, break, or crush.
• Gevrabon® liquid: Shake well before use.
• Those who have feeding tubes can also use the liquid. Flush the feeding tube before and after medicine is given.
How should I store this medicine?
• Store at room temperature.
• Protect capsules and tablets from moisture. Do not store in a bathroom or kitchen.
Reasons not to take this medicine
• Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
U.S. Brand Names
Allbee® C-800 + Iron [OTC]; Allbee® C-800 [OTC]; Allbee® with C [OTC]; Apatate® [OTC]; DexFol™; Gevrabon® [OTC]; Kobee [OTC]; Metanx™; NephPlex® Rx; Nephro-Vite® Rx; Nephro-Vite® [OTC]; Nephrocaps®; Nephron FA®; Nephronex®; Quin B Strong with C and Zinc [OTC]; Quin B Strong [OTC]; Rena-Vite RX; Rena-Vite [OTC]; Renal Caps; Senilezol; Stresstabs® High Potency Advanced [OTC]; Stresstabs® High Potency Energy [OTC]; Stresstabs® High Potency Weight [OTC]; Strovite [DSC]; Super Dec B 100 [OTC]; Super Quints 50 [OTC]; Superplex-T™ [OTC]; Surbex-T® [OTC]; Vitafol; Z-Bec® [OTC]
What do I do if I miss a dose? (does not apply to patients in the hospital)
• Take a missed dose as soon as possible.
• If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular schedule.
• Do not take a double dose or extra doses.
What should I monitor?
• Change in condition being treated. Is it better, worse, or about the same?
• Follow up with healthcare provider.