I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Vitamin K||0 people have prescribed Vitamin K|
Growing, but not yet definitive, evidence suggests that vitamin K should be added to the list of nutrients helpful for preventing osteoporosis . 1 Based on its ability to help blood clot normally, vitamin K has been proposed as a treatment for excessive menstrual bleeding. 2 However, the last actual study testing this idea was carried out more than 55 years ago. 3 Vitamin K has also been recommended for nausea , although there is as yet no meaningful evidence that it really works.
Preliminary evidence suggests that vitamin K supplementation may help prevent liver cancer . 4 Very high doses of intravenous vitamin K have also been used to treat advanced liver cancer, with, perhaps, marginal benefits. 5
- Binkley NC, Suttie JW. Vitamin K nutrition and osteoporosis. J Nutr. 125(7):1812-21.
- Suttie JW. Vitamin K and human nutrition. J Am Diet Assoc. 92(5):585-90.
- Gubner R, Ungerleider HE. Vitamin K therapy in menorrhagia. South Med. 1944;37:556-558.
- Habu D, Shiomi S, Tamori A, Takeda T, Tanaka T, Kubo S, Nishiguchi S. Role of vitamin K2 in the development of hepatocellular carcinoma in women with viral cirrhosis of the liver. JAMA. 292(3):358-61.
- Sarin SK, Kumar M, Garg S, Hissar S, Pandey C, Sharma BC. High dose vitamin K3 infusion in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 21(9):1478-82.