Tried or prescribed Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)? Share your experience. Have you?
I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)||0 people have prescribed Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)|
There are many forms of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). ABA is used to identify and then modify problematic behavior, and has been shown to be particularly effective in treating autism.
Though the methods are varied, all ABA programs share the following features:
- Treatment may begin as early as 3 years of age
- Intervention is intensive, between 20 and 40 hours a week
- Intervention is individualized and comprehensive
- Multiple behavior analytic procedures are used to develop adaptive repertoires
- Treatment begins one on one, and then transitions to group settings and then natural day-to-day settings
- Treatment goals are guided by normal developmental sequences
- Parents are trained and become active co-therapists.1