I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Pantoprazole||0 people have prescribed Pantoprazole|
(pan TOE pra zole)
• This medicine is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease.
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat ulcers of the esophagus (swallowing tube).
• This medicine is used to treat syndromes caused by huge amounts of stomach acid.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Use caution if you have risk factors for osteoporosis (alcohol use, cigarette smoking, other family members with osteoporosis, taking medicines to treat seizures, taking steroids).
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Hip, spine, or wrist fractures may rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency...