I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Primaquine Phosphate||0 people have prescribed Primaquine Phosphate|
(PRIM a kween)
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat malaria.
• This medicine is used to treat Pneumocystis jirovecipneumonia.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Be careful if you have G6PD deficiency. Anemia may occur.
• If you have bone marrow disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
• Other protective measures are needed along with this medicine including using screens, bednetting, insect repellent (10% to 35% DEET), and permethrin spray on clothing and nets. Avoid spraying most insect repellents on children. Decrease evening and night-time outdoor activity.
• Pregnant females traveling to...