I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Sodium Chloride||0 people have prescribed Sodium Chloride|
(SOW dee um KLOR ide)
Oral and injection:
• This medicine is used to treat low sodium levels.
• This medicine is used in nutrition to meet the daily sodium needs.
• This medicine is used to treat dehydration.
• This medicine is used to treat brain swelling.
• This medicine is used to dilute medicine that is given as an injection into the vein over a period of time.
• This medicine is used to decrease swelling.
• This medicine increases moisture into the breathing tubes.
• This medicine is used to thin the fluid in the lungs.
• This medicine is used to restore moisture to the nasal passages.
• This medicine is used to thin fluid in the nasal passages.
• This medicine is used to clean wounds.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Pain and irritation where the medicine goes into the body.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening...