I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan
|0 people have prescribed Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan
(gwye FEN e sin & deks troe meth OR fan)
• This medicine is used to thin secretions so they can be removed from the body by coughing.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• This medicine is not for coughs due to smoking or lung disease.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• If you have PKU, talk with healthcare provider. Some products do contain phenylalanine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.