I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Imiquimod||0 people have prescribed Imiquimod|
(i mi KWI mod)
• This medicine is used to treat common warts.
• This medicine is used to treat genital warts.
• This medicine is used to treat sun damaged skin and some skin cancers.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Do not have sexual contact when this medicine is on your genital or anal skin.
• For genital warts only: Condoms or diaphragms may not work to prevent pregnancy. Use another form of birth control while taking this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Skin irritation.
• Change in skin to hard and thickened.
• Change in color of skin. This may...