I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Ingrown Toenail Removal
|0 people have prescribed Ingrown Toenail Removal
This is surgery to remove a toenail that has curled and grown into the skin, causing pain.
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
The entire nail or the portion of the nail growing into the skin may be removed. It is most often done to:
- Relieve pain
- Relieve swelling (inflammation or infection)
- Remove a deformed nail
- Correct abnormal nail growth
If you are planning to have ingrown toenail removal, your doctor will review a list of possible complications, which may include:
- Excessive swelling or bleeding
Factors that may increase the risk of complications include:
- Problems with blood circulation
Call Your Doctor
After arriving home, contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Signs of infection, including fever and chills
- Redness, swelling, increasing pain, excessive bleeding, or discharge from the wound
- Chalky white, blue, or black appearance to skin of toes or foot
In case of emergency, call 911.