I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Abacavir, Lamivudine, and Zidovudine||0 people have prescribed Abacavir, Lamivudine, and Zidovudine|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If this medicine is stopped because you have an allergy to it, do not restart it. It can cause a much more dangerous effect if restarted.
• If this medicine is stopped for any other reason, do not restart it without talking to healthcare provider. It could be very dangerous to restart on your own.
• If medicine changes for HIV infection, make sure to ask healthcare provider about hepatitis B treatment.
• Wear disease medical alert identification.
• Use caution if you have risk factors for heart disease (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, overweight, diabetes, cigarette smoking, male older than 40 years of age, other family members with early heart disease, postmenopausal female). Talk with healthcare provider.
• Do not run out of this medicine.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• You may not be alert. Avoid driving, doing other tasks or activities until you see how this medicine affects you.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• To protect against sexually-transmitted diseases, use a latex condom.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
• Breast-feeding is not recommended in HIV disease in the U.S.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Anemia and low white blood cell count.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Not hungry.
• Irritated pancreas can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Allergic reaction (fever, rash, feeling tired, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, belly pain, sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing, or flu-like symptoms). Stop medicine and talk with healthcare provider right away!
• Difficulty breathing.
• Severe belly pain.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Severe diarrhea.
• Dark urine or yellow skin or eyes.
• Severe muscle pain or weakness.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.