I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Altretamine||0 people have prescribed Altretamine|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you are 65 or older, use this medicine with caution. You could have more side effects.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Talk with healthcare provider before receiving any vaccinations. Use with this medicine may either increase the risk of serious infection or make the vaccination less effective.
• You may bleed more easily. Be careful. Avoid injury. Use soft toothbrush, electric razor.
• Talk with healthcare provider before using aspirin, aspirin-containing products, other pain medicines, blood thinners, garlic, ginseng, ginkgo, or vitamin E.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help. You may need a medicine to decrease this side effect. Talk with healthcare provider.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Signs or symptoms of infection. These include a fever of 100.5 degrees or higher, chills, severe sore throat, ear or sinus pain, cough, increased sputum or change in color, painful urination, mouth sores, wound that will not heal, or anal itching or pain.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Numbness or tingling of hands or feet.
• Unusual bruising or bleeding.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.