I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Ambrisentan||0 people have prescribed Ambrisentan|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
• Avoid or limit alcohol intake (includes wine, beer, and liquor) to less than 3 drinks a day. Drinking too much alcohol may increase the risk of liver disease.
• Use two forms of birth control that you can trust during treatment and for 1 month after treatment ends.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Sore throat.
• Male infertility.
• Anemia can rarely occur.
• Liver damage can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Difficulty breathing.
• Fast heartbeat.
• Severe belly pain.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Not able to eat.
• Dark urine or yellow skin or eyes.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Significant weight gain.
• For females, if you become pregnant while taking this medicine.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.