I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Amifostine||0 people have prescribed Amifostine|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have heart disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you are taking medicine for high blood pressure, talk with healthcare provider. Your healthcare provider may ask you to skip that medicine the day before and on the morning of treatment.
• If you have low calcium levels, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have had a stroke, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Low blood pressure.
• Allergic reactions can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Difficulty breathing.
• Chest pain or pressure or fast heartbeat.
• Severe dizziness or passing out.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Severe skin irritation.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.