I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Artificial Tears||0 people have prescribed Artificial Tears|
(ar ti FISH il tears)
U.S. Brand Names
Akwa Tears® [OTC]; Bion® Tears [OTC]; HypoTears PF [OTC]; HypoTears [OTC]; Liquifilm® Tears [OTC]; Moisture® Eyes PM [OTC]; Moisture® Eyes [OTC]; Murine® Tears [OTC]; Murocel® [OTC]; Nature's Tears® [OTC]; Nu-Tears® II [OTC]; Nu-Tears® [OTC]; Puralube® Tears [OTC]; Refresh Plus® [OTC]; Refresh Tears® [OTC]; Refresh® [OTC]; Soothe® [OTC]; Systane® Free [OTC]; Systane® [OTC]; Teargen® II [OTC]; Teargen® [OTC]; Tearisol® [OTC]; Tears Again® [OTC]; Tears Naturale® Free [OTC]; Tears Naturale® II [OTC]; Tears Naturale® [OTC]; Tears Plus® [OTC]; Tears Renewed® [OTC]; Ultra Tears® [OTC]; Viva-Drops® [OTC]
Canadian Brand Names
Ophthalmic Agent, Miscellaneous
Reasons not to take this medicine
• If you have an allergy to artificial tears or any other part of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
How does it work?
• Artificial tears moisten the eyes.
How is it best taken?
• For the eye only.
• Take out contact lenses before using medicine. Lenses can be replaced 15 minutes after medicine is given. Do not put contacts back in if eyes are irritated or infected.
• Do not touch the container tip to the eye, lid, or other skin.
• Tilt head back and drop medicine into eye.
• After using medicine, keep your eyes closed. Apply pressure to the inside corner of the eye. Do this for 3-5 minutes. This keeps the medicine in your eye.
• Separate each eye medicine by 5 minutes.
What do I do if I miss a dose? (does not apply to patients in the hospital)
• Instill a missed dose as soon as possible.
• If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular schedule.
• This medicine is taken on an as needed basis.
• Many times this medicine is used on an as needed basis.
What should I monitor?
• Change in condition being treated. Is it better, worse, or about the same?
How should I store this medicine?
• Store at room temperature.
• If you have a life-threatening allergy, wear allergy identification at all times.
• Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's medicine.
• Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
• Most medicines can be thrown away in household trash after mixing with coffee grounds or kitty litter and sealing in a plastic bag.
• Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, natural products, supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, physician assistant).
• Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or in Canada to Health Canada's Canada Vigilance Program at 1-866-234-2345.
• Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins.
Created: 2005-04-07 16:19:22.0
Modified: 2010-03-09 08:21:24.0
Lexi-PALS TM © (1977)-(2007) Lexi-Comp, Inc. All rights reserved.