I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Benzocaine||0 people have prescribed Benzocaine|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Use caution on skin where a large area is involved or where there are open wounds.
• Do not eat while your mouth feels numb. You may injure yourself by biting your tongue.
• Do not put coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) over the area unless told to do so by healthcare provider.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
• If you have heart disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have lung disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you smoke, talk with healthcare provider.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Skin irritation.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Difficulty breathing.
• Fast heartbeat.
• Significant change in balance.
• Weakness, numbness, or tingling.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Severe skin irritation.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.
• Blue or gray skin color; headache; dizziness; difficulty breathing; feeling tired or weak; and/or fast heartbeat.