I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Black Tea||0 people have prescribed Black Tea|
As an extraordinarily widely consumed beverage, black tea is presumed to have a high safety factor. Its side effects would be expected to be similar to those of coffee—heartburn, gastritis, insomnia, anxiety, and heart arrhythmias (benign palpitations or more serious disturbances of heart rhythm). 1 All drug interactions that can occur with caffeine would be expected to occur with black tea.
Interactions You Should Know About
If you are taking:
- MAO inhibitors : The caffeine in black tea could cause dangerous drug interactions.
- Stimulant drugs such as Ritalin: The stimulant effects of black tea might be amplified.
- Drugs to prevent heart arrhythmias or to treat insomnia , heartburn , ulcers , or anxiety : Black tea might interfere with their action.
- Folic acid : Black tea may decrease the absorption of folic acid into the blood stream. 2
- Cannon ME, Cooke CT, McCarthy JS. Caffeine-induced cardiac arrhythmia: an unrecognised danger of healthfood products. Med J Aust. 174(10):520-1.
- Alemdaroglu NC, Dietz U, Wolffram S, Spahn-Langguth H, Langguth P. Influence of green and black tea on folic acid pharmacokinetics in healthy volunteers: potential risk of diminished folic acid bioavailability. Biopharm Drug Dispos. 29(6):335-48.