Tried or prescribed Breast Needle Biopsy? Share your experience. Have you?
I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Breast Needle Biopsy||0 people have prescribed Breast Needle Biopsy|
Complications are rare, but no procedure is completely free of risk. If you are planning to have a needle breast biopsy, your doctor will review a list of possible complications, which may include:
Some factors that may increase the risk of complications include:
- Poor nutrition
- Chronic illness, like diabetes
- Bleeding disorder
Be sure to discuss these risks with your doctor before the procedure.
Call Your Doctor
After arriving home, contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Signs of infection, including fever and chills
- Redness, swelling, increasing pain, excessive bleeding, or discharge from the biopsy site
- Nausea and/or vomiting that you cannot control with the medicine you were given after surgery, or that persist for more than two days after the procedure
- Pain that you cannot control with the medicines you have been given
- Cough, shortness of breath, or chest pain
- Pain and/or swelling in your feet, calves, or legs
In case of an emergency, call 911immediately.
Had a core needle biopsy 02/03/2016. Since that time my breast had severe bruising. After that a large hard mass formed in my breast the size of my fist. I have been back to see the surgeon twice and am taking two antibiotics. Will be getting a Cat Scan.
just had bx on 12/5/14 after arriving home about 3hrs later becames extremely pale sweats,nausea and felt like I was going to either vomit or passout.Could this be a side effect too..my husband wanted to call 911.