I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Canakinumab||0 people have prescribed Canakinumab|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Serious infections have been reported with use of this medicine. If you have any infection, are taking antibiotics now or in the recent past, or have many infections, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have diabetes, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Talk with healthcare provider before receiving any vaccinations. Use with this medicine may either increase the risk of serious infection or make the vaccination less effective.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Irritation where the shot is given.
• Risk of infection. Avoid people with infections, colds, or flu.
• Runny nose.
• Weight gain.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Signs or symptoms of infection. These include a fever of 100.5 degrees or higher, chills, severe sore throat, ear or sinus pain, cough, increased sputum or change in color, painful urination, mouth sores, wound that will not heal, or anal itching or pain.
• Severe dizziness or passing out.
• Severe headache.
• Severe muscle pain or weakness.
• Severe skin irritation.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.