I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Chlorhexidine Gluconate||0 people have prescribed Chlorhexidine Gluconate|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
• If you have front-tooth fillings or other gum problems, talk with healthcare provider.
• Protect clothing and fabrics from staining.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Mouth and lip irritation. Frequent mouth care with a soft toothbrush or cotton swabs and rinsing mouth may help.
• Abnormal taste. This is usually reversible.
• Skin irritation.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe skin irritation.
• Any rash.
• Severe gum irritation or swelling.
• Numbness or tingling around mouth.
• Staining of mouth, teeth, or fillings.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.