I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Chlorpromazine||0 people have prescribed Chlorpromazine|
(klor PROE ma zeen)
• This medicine is used to stop hiccups.
• This medicine is used to treat behavior problems.
• This medicine is used to treat dementia.
• This medicine is used to treat disabling involuntary movements in Huntington's chorea.
• This medicine is used to treat mania.
• This medicine is used to treat nausea and vomiting.
• This medicine is used to treat schizophrenia. It may take 6 weeks to see the full effect.
• This medicine is used to treat Tourette's syndrome.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you are 65 or older, use this medicine with caution. You could have more side effects.
• Do not spill liquid concentrate on skin. Can irritate the skin.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• You may not be alert. Avoid driving, doing other tasks or activities until you see how this medicine affects you.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor) or other medicines and natural products that slow your actions and reactions.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Be careful in hot weather. Drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
• Tell healthcare provider if...