I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Cholecalciferol||0 people have prescribed Cholecalciferol|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have had high calcium levels, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid other sources of vitamin D.
• Do not take cholestyramine, mineral oil, magnesium-containing antacids, or orlistat with this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• High calcium level. Signs include weakness, confusion, feeling tired, headache, nausea and vomiting, constipation, or bone pain.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.