I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Cidofovir||0 people have prescribed Cidofovir|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Be careful about taking vaccinations while you are receiving this medicine.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• To protect against sexually-transmitted diseases, use a latex condom.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy in HIV disease.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Hair loss. Hair usually grows back when medicine is stopped.
• Worsening kidney function can rarely occur.
• Low white blood cell count can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Signs or symptoms of infection. These include a fever of 100.5 degrees or higher, chills, severe sore throat, ear or sinus pain, cough, increased sputum or change in color, painful urination, mouth sores, wound that will not heal, or anal itching or pain.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Severe diarrhea.
• Unable to pass urine.
• Sudden change in vision, eye pain, or irritation.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.