Tried or prescribed Cinacalcet? Share your experience. Have you?
I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Cinacalcet||0 people have prescribed Cinacalcet|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have heart disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have low calcium levels, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have seizures, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Low calcium levels.
• Muscle pain or weakness.
• High blood pressure.
• Not hungry.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Chest pain or pressure or fast heartbeat.
• Unusual muscle pain, back pain, tenderness, or weakness.
• Severe diarrhea.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Numbness or tingling around mouth.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.