I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Clindamycin (Systemic)||0 people have prescribed Clindamycin (Systemic)|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you are allergic to tartrazine, talk with healthcare provider. Some products contain tartrazine.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Condoms or diaphragms may not work to prevent pregnancy. Use another form of birth control while taking this medicine and for 72 hours after treatment ends.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Belly pain.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Diarrhea. Yogurt, Bifidobacterium bifidum, or Lactobacillus acidophilusmay help. These products are available at health food stores or in some pharmacies.
• For females, vaginal yeast infection. Report itching or discharge.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe diarrhea, even after medicine is stopped.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.