I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Clindamycin (Topical)||0 people have prescribed Clindamycin (Topical)|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Do not put coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) over the area unless told to do so by healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Condoms or diaphragms may not work to prevent pregnancy. Use another form of birth control while taking this medicine and for 72 hours after treatment ends.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Skin irritation.
• Vaginal irritation.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe diarrhea, even after medicine is stopped.
• Severe skin irritation.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.