I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Codeine||0 people have prescribed Codeine|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• This medicine may be habit-forming with long-term use.
• If you are 65 or older, use this medicine with caution. You could have more side effects.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• You may not be alert. Avoid driving, doing other tasks or activities until you see how this medicine affects you.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor) or other medicines and natural products that slow your actions and reactions.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling lightheaded, sleepy, having blurred vision, or a change in thinking clearly. Avoid driving, doing other tasks or activities that require you to be alert or have clear vision until you see how this medicine affects you.
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Constipation. More liquids, regular exercise, or a fiber-containing diet may help. Talk with healthcare provider about a stool softener or laxative.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe dizziness or passing out.
• Difficulty breathing.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Poor pain control.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Severe constipation.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.