I'm a professional and
|1 person has tried CT Scan (General)||0 people have prescribed CT Scan (General)|
Complications are rare, but no procedure is completely free of risk. If you are planning to have a CT scan, your doctor will review a list of possible complications, which may include:
- Allergic reaction to contrast material
- Damage to the kidney from contrast material
- Small risk of radiation exposure. Note: A CT scan is not usually recommended if you are pregnant.
Factors that may increase the risk of complications include:
- Allergies (if you are given a contrast dye during the test)
- Kidney problems (if you are given a contrast dye during the test)
Be sure to discuss these risks with your doctor before the test.
Call Your Doctor
After the test, call your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Symptoms of allergic reaction (eg, hives , itching, nausea, swollen or itchy eyes, tight throat, difficulty breathing)
- Any other concerns
In case of an emergency, CALL 911immediately.