I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Dabigatran Etexilate||0 people have prescribed Dabigatran Etexilate|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you are 65 or older or weigh less than 110 pound, you may need a smaller dose. You could have more side effects.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Bleeding problems.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe dizziness or passing out.
• Falls or accidents, especially if you hit your head. Talk with healthcare provider even if you feel fine.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Severe headache.
• Unusual bruising or bleeding.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.