I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Darbepoetin Alfa||0 people have prescribed Darbepoetin Alfa|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have heart disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have high blood pressure, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have porphyria, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have seizures, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• High or low blood pressure.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Risk of infection. Avoid people with infections, colds, or flu.
• Muscle pain.
• Feeling tired or weak.
• Bone or joint pain.
• Irritation where the shot is given.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Chest pain or pressure or fast heartbeat.
• Difficulty breathing.
• Change in strength on one side greater than the other, difficulty speaking or thinking, change in balance, or blurred vision.
• Severe dizziness or passing out.
• Swelling or pain of leg or arm.
• Severe headache.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.