I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Delavirdine||0 people have prescribed Delavirdine|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Do not run out of this medicine.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not take antacids or didanosine within 2 hours of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• To protect against sexually-transmitted diseases, use a latex condom.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy in HIV disease.
• Breast-feeding is not recommended in HIV disease in the U.S.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.