I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Dextromethorphan and Phenylephrine||0 people have prescribed Dextromethorphan and Phenylephrine|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• This medicine is not for coughs due to smoking or lung disease.
• If you have diabetes, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have an enlarged prostate, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have heart disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have high blood pressure, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have thyroid disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Limit caffeine (for example, tea, coffee, cola) and chocolate intake. Use with this medicine may cause nervousness, shakiness, and fast heartbeat.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Nervous and excitable.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Inability to sleep.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Chest pain or pressure, fast heartbeat, or passing out.
• Severe headache.
• Persistent cough.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.