- A D&C is usually done to determine what condition is causing abnormal bleeding. Some conditions that may cause abnormal bleeding are:
- Irregularities in menstrual bleeding
- Endometrial polyps
- Abnormal endometrial thickening
- Endometrial cancer
- Sometimes a D&C is done to stop the bleeding, rather than to diagnose why you are bleeding. This is sometimes done after a miscarriage or after a delivery when all of the placenta did not come out like it was supposed to.
- A D&C is not advised if you have:
- Infection of the uterus
- Infection of the fallopian tubes
No one has made any comments yet. Be the first!