Tried or prescribed Doxycycline Hyclate Periodontal Extended-Release Liquid? Share your experience. Have you?
I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Doxycycline Hyclate Periodontal Extended-Release Liquid||0 people have prescribed Doxycycline Hyclate Periodontal Extended-Release Liquid|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not brush or floss near the area for 7 days.
• Do not chew hard, crusty, or sticky foods.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Discomfort around placement area.
• Mouth irritation. Frequent mouth care with a soft toothbrush or cotton swabs and rinsing mouth may help.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Diarrhea. Yogurt, Bifidobacterium bifidum, or Lactobacillus acidophilusmay help. These products are available at health food stores or in some pharmacies.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe pain, swelling, or bleeding at treatment area.
• Severe headache.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Severe diarrhea, even after medicine is stopped.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.